Dlayer tools code – The great concealer

Nope, you haven’t missed it, v0.99 hasn’t been released, in my quest to support modular tools I’ve discovered how many issues the current tools code was concealing, there is the inevitable duplication along with code that is too complicated for its purpose and far too much similar code that can all be cut.

I’m 85% of the way through the refactor/clean-up, when I am done I will have a much leaner code base and all the tools will be modular, to add a new tool you will simply need to include the tools folder and a small script to insert the tool into the database.

It is proving to be much more work than originally planned, I was only going to do one module initially and pick the others up over time, after pulling back the covers and peaking at the horror I realised that was a not a workable solution, I need to fix it properly.

The Content manager, Web site manager and Form builder are complete and tested, I’m working on the Image Library tools, after that I need to go back and do some additional simplification/refactoring and then re-test again, I’m hoping to release v0.99 soon, I’m not going to give a date until I am back onto normal development.