New version now up at Dlayer.com
All the standard pages have now been updated, as in all styled using bootstrap, I’ve also made the options on the overview pages more clear.
Access to the designers has been temporarily disabled till I finish the styling update, access will be returned on a module by module basis as the styling is completed, hopefully the first will be in a few days but that depends on how potty training my little boy goes.
The contract I took on in August was extended, add into the mix a sick/teething 18 month old and very little development was done, luckily most of that is over now so back to full time development.
During the last couple of months I’ve had far too much time to think about Dlayer and where it is going, although I am still fully committed to my specification what I have failed to account for is how much the web has changed since I start Dlayer in 2008.
To that end I am going to take a slight detour to the plan I set out in August and upgrade Dlayer to support CSS frameworks, initially starting with Bootstrap. There are two steps to the process, first I’ll change Dlayer to be a Bootstrap driven site and then I’ll update all the Designers so that they create Bootstrap based web sites.
I’m not going to alter the core concept of Dlayer, a user can still do whatever they like it is just that initially the tools will create Bootstrap ready HTML. I’ll need to add a couple of additional tools, new versions of split tools being one example but none of the existing tools will be removed, users will retain all the functionality they have now.
No timeline on this, I am however still hoping to release the first tools that use images from the Image Library in the v0.50s.
Last week I took on a contract in Solihull, this will limit the time I can spend working on Dlayer. I’ll still be working on Dlayer most evenings but the pace will drastically slow.
I’m going to continue on the previously set path, finishing the Image library, I am however currently playing with the design in another development branch, I’ve designed a more suitable palette but mainly I wanted to play with SASS.